Sunday, February 10, 2013

follow me on strava

I've finally uploaded some of my recent runs off my Garmin watch (Garmin Forerunner 110, the girly version) onto Strava, which was recommended to me by a colleague of mine, who is an avid cyclist and swears by its analytics. I've imported my Run Keeper data, too, so this should reconcile all my recent outdoor runs into the one place. I'll also aim to manually upload my treadmill runs, too, so it keeps account of all my marathon training efforts.

You can find my slow times right here. One goal is to definitely get that 10km time below one hour. I know I can do it - it's just not happening at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind Strava. It's certainly a lot prettier than garmin connect or runkeeper and the graphs are nice. I don't like that it's expensive to upgrade, but I do like the segments thing - it's fun to know how you compare to others over certain areas.

    Hope you don't mind me adding you!

    Also, with regards to gettting faster. I wouldn't worry about your 10k time - I think with the volume of training you're doing (and will be doing), you'll get a lot stronger and therefore a lot faster. I know once I broke 60mins for 10k it was much easier to improve speed wise. Keep in mind that you're sitll covering 10k a lot faster than a LOT of other people.

    Saying all that, my beginner marathon coach takes our group on speed intervals, which are designed to get you faster. Just short distances as fast as you can reasonably go with a recovery at easy pace between each interval for that same amount of distance - eg. 5x500m, with 500 m recovery in between. Do these for a few weeks once a week and I gaurantee you'll be smashing minutes off your 5 and 10k times!

    Also, parkrun. Great for working on speed and also free. I'm sure there is one in Melbourne each Saturday.

    ReplyDelete